Monday, June 29, 2015

Adios y Hasta Muy Pronto Elche...


Hello Family and Friends!

Welcome to 95 degrees with over 100% humidity in Spain! …and without air conditioning --we are living it up, as we are embracing the culture of Elche. 

One more week left here in Elche. Adios y hasta muy pronto ya que me llevo muchos recuerdos bellos de Elche...

I am so grateful to be able to see our friend Bako get baptized this past Saturday. It was a wonderful turn out! We have been teaching him since January as he had many, many trials during these months. As mentioned in my previous letters, Bako was a “testigo de Jehova’, but everything changed when he really put himself in a serious study of the Book of Mormon. As you remember, Bako is from Mali, Africa and his native language is Bambara. It is wonderful to see him reading the Book of Mormon in Bambara. And on the day of his baptism, let me tell you that the Spirit was so strong as he bore his sweet and beautiful testimony! Also, it is wonderful to see the ward has been very supportive as they make him feel so welcomed and part of their family.

Also, as you may or may not remember, ‘Presidente’ Deere and his wife are leaving this Wednesday (7/1) and we will be receiving our new president this coming Tuesday. We meet him and his wife on Saturday. (4th of July :) 

Hermana Asay and I had our last planning session this week! It was so sad. But I know she's so ready! She's a máquina!! Everytime we cook I always say --man the cook can't get better than this and it does! As a matter of fact we had delicious baked bread and ate it like pizza. It was delicious! So so so good! That being said, --look out, I'll have plenty of yummy recipes!

Oh! Everyone please don't forget that I am leaving Elche this week, so don't send anymore letters to the address where I am at as I won't be here in time to receive them. 

Con mucho cariño, 

Hermanita Arce


Never thought I would find "Cactus" in Spain!!

Our new member fiend.

Enjoying our P-day at a park in Elche.

More fun at the park in Elche.