Monday, July 20, 2015

"... Behold the Wounds in Jesus' Hands."


Hello family and friends! 

Well, I would like to share a thought that touched me greatly this week. One day this week, I was looking at a picture of Jesus Christ in the Book of Mormon when He came to the Americas and showed the people the wounds in His hands. I was reflecting upon this... and thought if He had a perfect body why are the wounds in His hands?

It was a thought that slipped my mind and then I melted when I read across 1 Nephi 21:14-16. In this chapter Nephi is telling his people of the Savior and His atonement:

"14 But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me--but he will show that he hath not.
15 For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel.
16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me."

I found great comfort to know that the marks in His hands are specifically there for a reason not only to show as a witness what He did for us but because He cannot forget us as we journey through life. I testify that He knows each and every one of us and understands fully what we are going through in our lives. Only He can heal, clean, and purify us. That is something I wanted to share with you this week.

I hope you have a wonderful and productive week of work and callings!

Much love…Besitos y abrazos

-Hermana Arce