Monday, April 27, 2015

Focusing on Christlike Attributes

Hola Familia y Amigos!

This week was super good. To start off, let me tell you how Spaniards park their cars. It is so funny! Do you remember the movie "The Pink Panther"?In the very beginning, how inspector Clouseau parks his car by driving forward and hitting the car in front and then backing up until he hits the other car behind and again pulling up a little more until he hits the car in front. In a nutshell, that’s how Spaniards park their cars. Parking spaces are SO TINY-- It’s hard to believe people actually can fit cars in those spaces.

Anyhow, I don’t know what has been up this past week but I am not even over exaggerating the fact that my companion and I have been sprinting, almost every morning, to catch the bus. It’s hilarious because you might see these two girls sprinting in skirts to catch a bus! It is not hard to see people smiling and waving at us. Luckily we have only missed the bus twice J

I would like to share with you what I have been focusing this past week in my personal studies. Among Christlike attributes may include knowledge and humility, charity and love, obedience and diligence, faith and hope. I ran across a quote that I cannot remember who said it: ¨Hope is like the sun and it casts our shadow of burdens behind us and it befriends us in the dark and excites us in the brighter days. It overshadows discouragement and gives us determination.¨ I love that quote because we need to always have hope for better things and a hope that Christ will help us in our efforts. I read Alma 58:10-11 when I was studying hope and that is something that has given me more determination to do the Lord’s work.

I encourage y’all to study out a Christlike attribute you would like to work on and then apply it in your life as well. All Christlike attributes are gifts from God. As we ask Heavenly Father to develop this gift, study it out and apply it in our lives, He will open the windows of heaven. In the smallest or even the bigger things. 

With much love,

We tengan una bonita semana!

Hermana Arce


Playing sports with the sisters in our district. 

My last companion Hna. Rodriguez saying goodbye 

Real cool picture. It's the palm trees.

With Hermana Asay at our Bishop's home.

Having a pday in Malaga waiting on our "children"-- new companions to arrive.