Monday, December 8, 2014

With the Lord, Weak Things Become Strong

Hola familia y amigos!

It’s so-o-o-o ccccccoooldd here--my fingers are cold typing on this keyboard. This week, specially, I had to bring out the hat and gloves since the temperatures have dropped considerably!

And yes, Hermana Crockett is going home this Wednesday and my new companion will be Hermana Volpe and she is from Italy. I hope my Spanish improves with her. So far, I hear that she’s been on the mission for 6 months and I’ve been on mine for 4. So we are both fairly new. I am excited though to learn more things and work with her. 

On a separate note, all that I own appears to be falling apart. My jacket ripped, along with my sweater, and skirt and both my Spanish-English scriptures spine where the pages are bound is coming lose—I am like—Oh my goodness! But it’s okay because I bought some super glue and I will do some sewing today. All is well… You see, I have learned that when something becomes weak, it does not necessarily mean is bad item or person; but that it gives them the opportunity to put their Trust in the Lord and make their weak things become strong. Just like all my items, you can always apply the gospel to everyday things! Neat huh?

A new member was baptized this Saturday, so we had two members receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost. One of the members was blessed to go and serve a mission (because he is only 20 years old) and has a strong testimony. His parents came to his baptism and I know he will be such a good example to his family and friends! Our friend from Belgium is still awesome as ever! She is even trying to share the gospel as well with people.

I have to go until next week. “Les Quiero Mucho!!

Hermana Arce
Elders Phipps and Ellsworth, and  Hermanas Crockett and Arce in Malaga 4.

Warming Up with Hot Chocolate

The Three Musketeers!! 

Taking a break after teaching a new member lesson

What me?...I am not eating that!

Sister Crockett & I with the new members

Bundle up on the streets of Malaga

Sister Crockett & I with the new member

Sister Crockett & I with the new member