Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Self-Reliance, a way of life

Hello Family & Friends—

Officially, the word is getting out in my mission that I actually fix peoples clothes!! All these missionaries come to me so that I sew their ripped clothing. Even my companion had me fixed her stuff. Honestly, I haven’t even done my own sewing but that is all good because I like to help and serve.

Actually, Arnaldo did not get baptized because he just was not ready. We will continue to work with him for as long as needed. That being said, Hermana Volpe and I have been working really hard. We have found several new investigators and all are progressing nicely. One of them is Claudia and she is from Romania. She has a husband but with no children. We found Claudia by talking to her on the streets of Malaga. We came across her twice in one week and one night we shared Helaman 5:12 and I felt prompted to tell her that this was not by chance that we met again. She started to cry because she and her husband have been trying to have children for 7 years and there is nothing wrong with them. The doctors said if it is God's will, they will have children. So she has been looking for a church and so the timing is perfect. We are so blessed that the Spirit led us unto her. Claudia is the sweetest lady and she’s only 28 years old. I know that the Lord was preparing her and her husband by softening their hearts to receive our message. Ugh I love my mission! I love being able to help people, to share my testimony with them, and help them through difficult times. It is indeed a great privilege, for us missionaries, to share the gospel of Jesus Christ as it is the cure of so many of life’s ills and the good news of eternal life all with the same urgency.
  
Yesterday, we had a meeting with our Mission President Deere and Hermana Deere as they taught us about Self-Reliance. It was very good and I took good notes. Also, I kept thinking how much I have learned self-reliance from you, my family, about money and also spiritual self-reliance. As always, we must first go to the Lord. I am so glad to be a member of the true and living church. I love you, Mom and Dad for accepting and embracing the Gospel so that we may benefit from it. You guys are just awesome!

I think that’s it for me this week…Hurray! I get to see you in a couple of days. Yes!!

I Love you Mommy, Daddy, Darren and Davey!!

FELIZ NAVIDAD / MERRY CHRISTMAS

Hermana Arce