Thursday, August 14, 2014

Hola Familia!



Today is my second P-day and I was able to go to the Madrid Temple for the second time. We left at 6:30 am this morning and this time all I thought about was “mi familia”. I cried because while I was in the temple I knew that we would be together forever with the best familia ever. It was comforting because I want these people in Malaga to have that same joy… that joy of knowing they will be with their “familias for toda la eternidad” (families for all the eternity).

Oh wow, so much to tell you. So, David my comp in the MTC is cute, and her name is Hermana Dueñas. Actually, she looks like me, and has long brown hair. Interesting enough, her brother is currently serving in Santiago, Chile. Also, her father is originally from Peru, so she actually can speak Spanish already and it’s all super stressful because while we teach investigators (fake ones), they are our teachers, she mainly talks and I just say the prayer and bare my testimony..Oh well, it stinks L because I have all this stuff I would want to say but I can’t because I don’t know how to express my feelings in Spanish yet. I sometimes just try my hardest to say a sentence or two and it is so chopped up. I prayed and asked for a Priesthood blessing and I feel like no matter what I say or how bad I say it I just hope people feel the Spirit when we do teach.
I do have some rough days that I get so frustrated because my teachers, all three of them, ONLY speak Spanish so it’s so hard to understand what they are trying to teach me. But nonetheless you all are such a strength to me because when I am a little down I think of all of you and it brings such peace and joy so, guess what, I just keep on pushing forward...
Mom, I love you so much. You have no idea the impact you had in my life. I am glad and forever grateful for your faithfulness to the Lord. I am sorry I cannot write more-- They don’t give me much time. But I have one week down five more to go.

..Until next week..

Abrazos y Besos! (Hugs and Kisses)

Hermana Arce