Monday, May 18, 2015

Witness of the Savior's Atoning Sacrifice


Hola Familia y Amigos—

I love you all so dearly. I have been touched to see the desires of your hearts to share the gospel. Goals are the reflections of our hearts. And the Lord can surely see thy fruits. May the Lord bless you in your efforts to find those who are ready but willing to hear Him and do His will in His ways. 

I am so glad to hear that you had talks and they went so well. I could feel the power in just the title "Blessings that come from following a modern day prophet." Thank you for sharing that with me.

I would like to share with you what I learned this week during my studies and then the application in our lives. I will share with you the Power of Faith.

As I studied about faith in the book of Alma--he teaches us that faith is hope in true principles. Let’s think about that for a moment. We can have faith that Jesus is the Christ. We can have faith that He has the power to heal, that He is mindful of each and every one of us, that He will strengthen us, and if we endure it well, we may qualify for eternal life.

That being said, I had the opportunity to have “intercambios” (exchanges) with another Hermana. I went to her area so I was following her lead to our “citas” (appointments) and meeting people I did not know. Interesting enough, one lesson in particular touched me deeply. As missionaries we listen, observe, discern and teach according to the feelings and thoughts that come to our hearts and minds. The man’s name that we were teaching was Pepe. As we taught Pepe about the Atonement and Jesus Christ, and how we all have problems, sufferings, guilt and worries in life, we must remember that all experiences are necessary for our salvation. As we began the lesson, I could see the HOPE in Pepe’s eyes, the faith that comes in Christ, all His suffering and all His sins can be taken away. I felt the Holy Ghost bare such powerful witness behind our words of the reality of Jesus Christ and what He did for us. 

I love my Lord and Savior and what He did for me. I am here because of Him. I am here to testify of His Atoning sacrifice and love. I know He Lives. I know the Book of Mormon is evidence of his power and life. I have seen the power that it has – as lives of many people are changed, including mine. 

I am grateful for the opportunity to serve in His great work. I love the Elche ward that I am serving in! I hope you have a wonderful week. 

Mucho Amor--Lots of Love,

Hermanita Arce