Monday, January 26, 2015

Officially in Elche, España!..

Dear Friends and Family—

Funny story! Last Saturday, my companion and I were walking down the streets and came across los Testigos de Jeovah (Jehovah Witness). Normally, they always stare us down or give us weird looks. As usual, we are always prepared to smile and wave! Well, this time as we passed them by they smiled and waved back!! A couple of minutes later, my comp and I looked at each other and we were like HOW nice they were! Weren’t they? Then my comp said, "¿Hermana, tiene su chapa?" (nametag) and I looked down and realized it was inside my coat and then I looked at my comp and asked her: ‘Where was your nametag?”.. It turned out that hers was also inside of her coat… Bottom line, los testigos de Jeovah thought we were ‘testigos’ too… It was super funny! It EXPLAINS everything.  

I am officially in Elche, España!! Where there are more palm trees than people!! Woo-hoo!! However, it just got a lot harder. The ward is amazing though. Our ward, Elche 2, is very small barrio of about 50 members who attend regularly…honestly, we should be a branch instead. That being said, our sacrament meeting goes real quick! I have been able to tell the difference in the people from Malaga to the people in Andulucia. But all in all, I know there is someone who is here in Elche that is ready to hear our message. So, for now, we just have to keep looking, working hard and being obedient.

Speaking of obedient, I have been studying a ton about Obedience. You see, on Saturday night, el obispo (the bishop) called and assigned us to teach gospel principals class on Sunday and the lesson was on obedience (small world)… I loved it! The members really got into the lesson and they bore testimony and all was super cool. It’s amazing to keep so many different people coming from all different lives, different problems, and different trials but at the end of the day the gospel is what changed their perspectives. Having Christ being the center in their lives is what helped them. I love the Book of Mormon, I talk about it every day. I study it, read it, and apply it. Since this book is for us in our days, it is available so that we can gain knowledge, keep growing and draw closer and closer to our Heavenly Father. The Book of Mormon and the Spirit are keys to our change of hearts, minds and ultimately to our conversion.

Let’s take advantage of this and share with our friends and family what the Book of Mormon means most to you. I talk about how the gospel has been restored in this dispensation and how we have a living Prophet today, even Thomas S. Monson, who leads and guides us directed from our Father in Heaven. Brothers, Sisters family and friends, we have so many things to be thankful for! One of my favorite quotes by Dieter F. Uchdorf "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your Faith."  Thank you for the loving prayers and having a solid awesome week! 

Besitos y Abrazos,


Hermana Arce!

On my way to Elche

Back in Malaga..saying goodbye to Nubia!