Monday, January 19, 2015

Me voy a Elche, provincia de Valencia!!


On Wednesday, I am getting transferred to Elche, which is near Valencia. I will be serving in the Elche Ward II (En el barrio de Elche II) and my companion 'va a ser' Hermana Rodriguez. She just finished her training, so I will be senior companion. YIKES!! I am a little nervous! But Hermana Rodriguez is native, so she knows Spanish already, yay--"no va a ver ningun problema con idioma”. I am ready to learn from her and I hope I will be able to bring something in turn to her. I am super excited! I hear it will be a little colder in Elche than it is in Malaga since I will be heading north east of Spain. I have said my goodbyes to my Malaga Ward. It was so sad! I love them so much but I am ready to serve the people in Elche. I heard Elche was beautiful and there are A LOT of South Americans who live there. I am excited and looking forward serving the people of Elche. Vamos a ver!!! 

I would like to share with you a scripture that I have come to love on the mission. D&C 50:24, que dice, “That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day”. We receive light when we do the simple but most powerful commandments God has asks us to do. He asked us to pray with real intent, read the book of Mormon so that we may learn, and go to church so that we may all grow and support each other in standing firm in our beliefs. And ultimately, make promises with Him, through baptism and in the temple. But wait…There is a promise that I love which is: if we do these... sincerely do these things… We become like Him. We receive His light because He is the light and we are destined to become like Him. 

Last but not least, I received a huge miracle this week. My foot CHANGED dramatically. I am not in pain anymore!!! I am recovering super quickly. Thank you so so much for your prayers on my behalf. I can feel them, and I thank you! 

- Take care everyone, Trust in God and He will perform miracles!! 

Hermana Arce
 (pronunciar con theta)

Last view from Malaga

Hermana Volpe and I with umbrellas!!

Hermana Volpe and I with church members..

Newest members of the Malaga Ward. Happy Days!