Monday, September 29, 2014

Finally, In My Mission Field!!


Thank you so much for sharing with me what you all have studied from the scriptures. Keep it coming! I love that. I love when people share with me parts about the scripture studies. Especially, since that is exactly what I needed to hear. As a mission, we have started reading the scriptures and our goal is to finish by December 2014. So, guess what? I have studied them like crazy but I have learned so much! I am still in the book of Nephi but I did not realize before the same repetition given to Nephi's brothers and how the Lord continued to extend His mercy and love. It's amazing how merciful and loving the Lord is! 

Also, President Deere (our mission president) has asked that as we study the Book of Mormon to focus on Christ's Atonement. The atonement is the greatest Doctrine we can teach to the world. Let me share quickly a few thoughts of my studies. The following is a summary of a talk given by Elder Holland in 2001 General Conference-- Christ's Atonement Central to Our missionary Work:
  • Encourage in every way possible more spiritual Church meetings, specially sacrament meetings,
  • Help orient investigators by explaining the ordinance of the sacrament that they will be witnessing,
  • Do all that we can to make baptismal services a spiritual, Christ-centered experience,
  • As missionaries, we are encouraged to bear testimony of the Savior and His gift of salvation to us. A missionary's testimony invokes a great legacy of testimony dating back to the council in heaven before this world was.
  • Study the scriptures conscientiously and become familiar with this passages that teach and testify of Christ's redeeming mission.
I love to study the Book of Mormon and the majesty of the Son of God. The Book of Mormon is literally another testament of Jesus Christ, declaring to all that through the Atonement of the Son of God.

Again, thanks so much for all that you do for me. I hope everything is well at home. 

Los amo mucho!!!

Hermana Arce, Sissy e Hija.