Monday, February 2, 2015

Disciples of Christ


Happy 2nd of Febrero!

So, I always have some kind of funny moment to tell you. I am full of them as I never know which to tell. But this time, I have one, and this one, actually happened this morning!

My comp Hermana Rodriguez had to go to the doctor. We left our apartment early to make it in time at 9am when the office just opened and we didn’t have time to eat breakfast. So, please keep that in mind okay? Here I was in the waiting room with my comp and my tummy started growling because it was hungry and my eyes beheld a vending machine. Alright! ... I quickly checked my wallet and found a couple of euros to spare. I got so excited, got up and walked over to the machine to see what goodies they had. I picked the BEST thing they had--- Oreo cookies! I looked down at my stomach then my wallet and I knew it was all well worth it!! I put my little coins and pressed the buttons in the vending machine and my cookies started rolling towards the drop off. –Now, keep in mind, we have been waiting an hour and I didn’t eat breakfast this morning-- My cookies were still moving towards the drop off UNTIL… UNTIL… it all stopped! Hahaha! I was like “please NOOO!!!!!!!!!!” it was so close! I seems as my bag of OREO cookies were hanging on the tip of the bag. I was like “you’ve got to be kidding me!” I looked around to see if anyone was watching me and I started to shake the machine a little. No luck! Then, I thought it was all hopeless. Doomed! Then, all of the sudden, I remembered there was a security guard at the front of the door and I had hopes all over again! I asked the guard for help. He came to the rescue and I was able to have my four little Oreos this morning. Dreams do come true. Life is good! 

Now, for some spirituality!

3 Nephi 5:13 "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

This scripture motives me every day; because it is true! I am a disciple of Christ, I have been called by God to declare good tidings of great joy that my brothers and sisters may have eternal life. I do these hard things for them! I love this gospel. It is the only way to true happiness. I know we are here to prove ourselves and to help those along the way. We must always believe and put our trust in the Lord. Rise up! And become the person you were designed to be!

Love Hermanita Arce!